We are currently expanding our team and are looking for a Development Engineer to start as soon as possible. The employee will be recruited as a Development Engineer in the field of product development for “integrated circuit packaging, as well as product design for optoelectronic components”.
Department: Research & Development
Project Location(s): Meiningen, DE
Due to the duties involved in this position, national and, to a lesser extent, international business travel is necessary.
Areas of responsibility
Your responsibilities include:
- Performing experimental setups and their analysis
- Experimental and theoretical analysis of fibre coupling to active and passive photonic devices
- Experimental and practical analysis for joining techniques such as adhesive and solder-ing technologies
- Evaluation of integrated circuit packaging (solders, adhesives, etc.)
- Drafting, design and testing of optical platforms, e.g. silicon, glass, ceramic
- Product transfer to production
- Supporting production in the introduction of new products
- Measurements and their analysis with regard to the simulation results attained in ad-vance. Physical and theoretical evaluation of the measurement results.
- University or college degree in a technical/scientific field (physics, process engineering, etc.)
- Independent worker
- Spoken and written English
The areas of responsibility include direct cooperation with suppliers, external project partners and partners in national research projects. The employee shall be supported by the Production Department as well as the Development Department. The employee will report directly to Development Management.